Kforce's client in Reston, Virginia (VA) is seeking a Revenue Manager.
The Manager of Revenue will be responsible for supporting the revenue team in overseeing the transformation of the revenue teams monthly close process including the process of booking contracts and other related close tasks. The Manager of Revenue will also supervise a team of Senior Accountants and Accountants day to day deliverables and collaborate with technical accounting and other key stakeholders in the company to ensure effective accounting policies are being consistently applied while achieving a more efficient and effective close process. The individual must possess leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, the ability to work well within diverse environments and have an ability to effectively implement change.
- Manage a team of Senior and Staff Accountants and review their work such as contracts, invoices, monthly reconciliations and reports
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Corporate policy and procedures
- Provide technical accounting expertise and leadership on the treatment of accounting issues, such as the implementation of the new revenue accounting standards (606)
- Create policies and procedures for the revenue team to assist with the technical accounting research and documentation of accounting findings for complex transactions
- Work with stakeholders to develop an operational implementation plan for ASC 606
- Determine approach to maintaining parallel accounting of revenue under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Evaluate existing processes and standards and develops new processes and standards where appropriate
- Interface with Internal Audit department to assist in the remediation process
- Work with international revenue teams to understand and document differences between local team and the international team processes
- Recent Experience (5+ years) with Revenue Recognition at a publicly traded company
- Strong functional knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements, with SEC experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, excellent organizational skills, excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- CPA preferred, but not required
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles