Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
MASTER ELECTRICIAN Instructor!
Southern Careers Institute, one of Texas' leading vocational educational institutions, is seeking an experienced licensed Master Electrician Instructor for its new Electrical Program.
This position will be responsible for organization, and operation of the Electrical Program, ensuring adherence to all state, federal and regulatory body regulations. The ability to meet corporate goals, critical thinking skills, and strong ethics are a must.
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop program goals, strategies, budget and metrics consistent with organization and program mission. Conduct ongoing progress evaluation;
- Work in a cooperative setting with other instructors, students, and support personnel to accomplish the mutual goal of training and placing our students;
- Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Establish and enhance academic and professional networks for the program;
- Contribute to the Institution and the community by attending, and participating in scheduled staff and in-service meetings;
- Assist with program assessment and any licensure or accreditation;
- Provide expert input on equipment and supplies needed for the program;
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Department to establish and reach program population goals by developing and implementing relevant and effective student engagement strategies for assigned program;
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as an Electrician;
- Texas Master Electrician License (issued by Texas Department Licensing and Regulation);
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with installation and repair on all types of commercial and residential electrical systems;
- Excellent organizational and training skills;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Skills in development, implementation and execution of programs;
- Ability to maintain composure and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Program Assessment Rating Tool