A Support Department Supervisor job in Tacoma, WA, is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You must have three-plus years of experience in manufacturing and/or inventory management. The Support Department Supervisor will be responsible for the movement of material for use in the production process by managing the Packaging, Recycling, Shipping, and Receiving departments. You must be able to motivate nine to 10 team members to achieve goals and results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the company philosophy. Salary is dependent on experience. This role is a full-time role on day shift 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM at our Vinyl Extrusion facility. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with Washington, Oregon, and California operations. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Support Department Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Manage staffing, orientation, training, and team member development for nine to 10 employees in the Packaging, Recycling, Shipping, and Receiving departments.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, and coaching team members.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing and scheduling departmental personnel to ensure manufacturing requirements are met while minimizing costs.
- Coordinate the movement of scrap materials and vendor relationships.
- Manage the inventory, packaging of returns, and totes throughout the enterprise.
- Manage logistics of inbound scrap materials and packaging of goods.
- Responsible for planning departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Drive efficiencies through Continuous Improvement and department metrics.
- Responsible for $2.5MM in scrap valuation annually.
- Our ideal candidate will have three-plus years in a manufacturing or inventory management leadership role.
- Able to motivate employees to achieve results.
- Prior experience in improving operations (UPEH, reduced costs, scrap, etc.).
- To support Milgard’s Continuous Improvement culture, we would like a strong background in LEAN process improvement principles and process management experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. This role is a great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
If you are interested in this Support Department Supervisor job in Tacoma, WA please click APPLY NOW. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture visit our website at We have built or success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Support Department Supervisor as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Process Management (Business)
Packaging And Labeling
Continuous Improvement Process