Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lewin Group/OptumServe Consulting, a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 50 years of experience, finds answers and solves problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin/OSC's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of health and human services consulting, Lewin/OSC provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Our more than 250 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia share a strong commitment to Lewin/OSC’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision, and dedication to client satisfaction.
Lewin/OSC provides research and consulting services including program planning and development, implementation services, and post-implementation analytics and evaluation to assist the federal government in designing programs that improve the health and well-being of the nation’s citizens
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform a broad range of quantitative analysis to inform the design, implementation and evaluation of Medicare and Medicaid payment models
- Support the development of payment calculations, conduct financial and trend analysis, calculate quality metrics and perform fast-paced ad-hoc analysis to quickly address client needs
- Work with clients to verify analysis parameters and specifications
- Apply machine learning, econometrics/statistics, predictive modeling, return-on-investment analysis, simulation and data visualization methods to support the development of health policy
- Efficiently query large databases of healthcare claims and eligibility data
- Write detailed specifications and documentation of data processing and analytical steps
- Write effective and efficient code both independently and under the guidance of project managers using best practice quality control procedures
- Maintain a consistently high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a project teams
- Prepare data and information for internal as well as external use, contribute to reports and assist with project coordination tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field
- 3+ years of experience using SAS (including macro processing and Proc SQL), R, Python, or SQL in a research, consulting or business environment
- Experience working with healthcare claims and enrollment data in large data warehouse environments
- Experience in preparing data and information and contributing to reports and presentations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Public Policy or related field
- Academic coursework in statistics, econometric modeling or other comparable coursework
- SAS certification
- Experience conducting statistical analysis to inform health policy
- Experience with databases having complex structures and relationships, such as the Integrated Data Repository or Chronic Conditions Warehouse
- Experience managing and analyzing large datasets using SAS grid and other parallel processing techniques
- Experience with other software such as Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VBA)
- Understanding of Medicare payment methodologies
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.