MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Compensation Accountant- Financial Services will assist the General Ledger and Compensation teams on day to day tasks. This individual will handle reconciliations, bonus calculations and team projects.
Our client is an international Financial Services firm.
The Compensation Accountant- Financial Services will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the record for Staff Equity Plans
- Calculate compensation for all assigned desks
- Book monthly journal entries for equity plans and compensation
- Review broker contracts or bonus calculations on a monthly basis and update schedules accordingly to ensure accruals are recorded accurately
- Prepare monthly staff cost reports
- Prepare and input annual budget and forecast for compensation
- Reconcile monthly bonus, equity, and other payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Assist with internal and external audits.
The Successful Compensation Accountant- Financial Services will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Hands on experience with month end lose and familiarity with preparing and posting journals
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
Our client is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package for Compensation Accountants in the Jersey City area.