The WorkForce Health Diagnostic Tech/Occupational Tech, with indirect supervision, applies ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes, performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures utilizing techniques to produce images for interpretation by a Radiologist. Maintains processing equipment and performs quality control on radiographic equipment as necessary. Other clerical duties may be requested during slow volume times. Performs functions related to billing including ICD-10 and CPT coding and performs other duties as assigned. With indirect supervision, performs clerical functions including but not limited to: patient reception, appointment scheduling, computer data entry, maintains patient files. Performs clinical functions related to assisting the provider with processing patients for injury treatment, physical assessments, ancillary screenings and reporting results according to the Department of Transportation and policies established for WFH clients. Promotes teamwork among co-workers and adheres to patient satisfaction principles.
Work Schedule: Varies
- Applies radiation safety to minimize risk to patient, self, and others.
- Assists with patient processing for physicals and physician-related visits.
- Correlates patient history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by Radiologist.
- Determines radiographic technique exposure factors.
- Evaluates radiographic images for technical quality, assuring proper identification and anatomical markings.
- Orders radiology supplies and other supplies needed for the daily processing of patients.
- Performs daily QC on all radiology equipment and follows quality procedures.
- Positions patient and equipment to best demonstrate anatomy.
- Administers subcutaneous injections as requested by physician.
- Answers telephone properly with a positive attitude and takes accurate messages.
- Assists physician and/or nurse with procedures.
- Cleans exam rooms with proper wipes and appropriate wet time guidelines.
- Collect and documents clinical data accurately and within guidelines of regulatory agency, health maintenance and other quality measures.
- Follows up with lab work, referrals, consults, and other testing.
- Greets patients timely and courteously and escorts them to the exam room.
- Performs and maintains all POCT competencies.
- Performs pulmonary function tests, electrocardiograms, pulse oximetry, nebulizer treatments as instructed by physician.
- Performs venipunctures and non-blood specimen collection.
- Provides patients follow up of lab results as directed by physician.
- Scans patient test results, records, and other paperwork timely and accurately in the correct folders.
- Schedule patient referral appointments and orders tests.
- Takes accurate patient vital signs.
- Collects all required patient information during rooming process in all applicable EMRs.
- Accurately reconciles patients immunization record in EMR (including ICARE records).
- Appropriately obtains and handles specimens including: labeling, form completion, transport to laboratories, and log maintenance. Performs quality controls for waived testing.
- Acknowledges and greets all customers timely with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Answers incoming calls promptly and ensures customer questions and concerns are addressed efficiently, and takes accurate messages.
- Assists patients with electronic registration wtihin the clinic setting.
- Assists with confirming all appointments.
- Scans patient records, test results, and other paperwork timely and accurately.
- Keeps front desk and reception areas ready for each working day and fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Maintaining pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all employees, patients, guests, vendors and visitors of Riverside Health Care.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance coverages.
- Acknowledges and greets customers timely with a professional demeanor.
- Performs accurate computer data entry of patient demographics.
- Register patients according to clinic protocols including insurance verification and collecting payments.
- Schedules patient clinical and diagnostic appointments.
- Documents missed appointments in patient record.
- Collects information and supports the organizations quality measures and health maintenance.
- Ensures patient work queues are worked timely.
- Identifies patient's need for additional information, and refers to appropriate healthcare resources.
- Assists physician and/or nurse with procedures for immediate care and occ med follows ACOEM protocols for worker's compensation.
- Keeps current on all certifications (DOT, drug and alcohol, BAT, audio).
- Performs drug screens/BAT and assists physician in initial injury treatment.Performs electrocardiograms.
- Proficient in Agility software and occupational health paperwork.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations