A client of Apex is hiring for a desktop support position in Champaign, IL. If interested, send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply.
The desktop support candidate is responsible for assisting clients with troubleshooting of router, firewall, switch, workstation, phone, and cloud services. This position provides procedural guidance, training, and support to members of the support team. This position will require familiarity with networking, client operating systems, security, and cloud services to assist field technicians, customers and educate agents and guests.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to support inquiries and demonstrating knowledge of and confidence in networking, security, client operating systems, and cloud services.
- Answering incoming calls and maintaining set goals for service levels.
- Motivating and inspiring other employees to follow up and complete cases, service calls, outbound calls, and the tracking of open issues.
This position is intermediate level with advancement opportunities available to highly motivated individuals
- Maintain a customer first attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Field questions from Field Technicians and clients.
- Work with resources to resolve any issues Level 1 or business to business clients may encounter.
- Identify and escalate any issues with products or services that impact customer acceptance, satisfaction or retention.
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication.
- Maintain familiarity with all products and services offered and clients supported.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them.
- Meet assigned goals for calls answered, call length, call quality, resolution time, service level agreements, and utilization.
- Assist with upkeep on training materials and process information for both the Helpdesk and the NOC.
- Understanding of network standards, such as TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of routers, switches, hubs, wireless, fiber optics and other technical components used in networks
- Proven ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues on a data network
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (7, 8 or 10) Macintosh, Adobe, PC hardware and Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Knowledge of network level anti-virus, intrusion prevention, web filtering, application control, mobile threat detection, and sandboxing systems
- Proficiency with entry level server administration
- Proficiency with Office 365 services, including but not limited to, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Must have experience with the techniques, application and installation data networks, servers, and client machines
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience in troubleshooting workstation issues
- Experience in troubleshooting server issues
- Experience in troubleshooting cloud service issues
- Experience using professional service automation systems (ie. Dynamics, ConnectWise, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience using remote monitoring and management systems (ie. N-Able, SolarWinds, LabTech, Automate)
Server (Computer Science)
Installations (Computer Systems)