We welcome you to join the Patient Services Team as an Insurance Financial Counselor. You will perform all follow-up after initial billing of claims until paid. Includes, but is not limited to, handling incoming insurance calls and correspondence from insurance, physician offices, etc. Makes outgoing calls to the insurance company when needed to resolve an encounter. Familiar with insurance websites and other resources. Resolves insurance credits by thoroughly reviewing all payments, adjustments, EOB's and notes related to the encounter. Resolves all denials appropriately, files appeals when needed. Responsible for resolution of accounts receivable within all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Handles overflow patient calls when needed. Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED Minimum
- Previous Healthcare Experience Preferred
- Adheres to and/or maintains departmental policies and procedures, to be regulatory compliant with TJC, OSHA, safety standards, or other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates flexibility required to meet changing priorities.
- Maintains respectful working relationships with co-workers and encourages the team approach.
- Approaches work in a manner that makes quality improvement a part of every activity.
- Follows instructions and abides by organizational and departmental policies and procedures to help the department and organization consistently meet the goals established by management or the Board of Directors.
- Respond promptly, accurately, and courteously to all written and phone inquiries received internally, from patients, attorneys, insurance companies, physician offices, etc. as applicable to the specific position.
- Consistently recognizes what needs to be done first and takes the initiative to perform the task whenever possible while also recognizing situations that need to be reported to the appropriate management staff.
- Consistently demonstrates reliability by reporting to work on time, working assigned shift, complying with lunch and break allowances per departmental policy and staffing needs.
- Consistently provides advanced notification for scheduled PTO, and limits unscheduled absences by attending to personal affairs outside work times whenever possible to avoid productivity or other conflicts.
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
- Health Care