This position is responsible for all collection activities for the assigned regions and coordinating the efforts of the credit department employees, Sales, and Customer Service personnel to collect open accounts receivable balances within customers’ terms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure company credit policies and procedures are followed and complied with in all sales transactions and collection activities.
- Evaluate customer credit limits on a continual basis and recommend changes to reflect most current customer information.
- Contact customers with past due balances for collection or identification of customer issues that are causing delayed payments.
- Coordinate with customers, sales, and customer service to resolve outstanding payment issues on a timely basis.
- Participate with Credit Manager, Sales Managers, and Customer Service personnel in the periodic review of all delinquent accounts to implement actions to collect and/or establish a reserve for the past due balances.
- Review internal metrics and reports (DSO, Aging reports, etc.) to evaluate region’s collection results and recommend/implement actions to enhance collection results.
- Monitor current customer in-house order levels and based on customer payment history make recommendations to “hold” future orders until accounts are brought to a current status.
- Prepare appropriate reports to communicate to appropriate executives and managers, collection effectiveness, trends, issues, and/or recommendations.
- Visit customers as necessary to review account payment history, build relationships, and expedite payments to customer terms.
- Monitor bank lockbox procedures to ensure cash receipts are received and applied to the open accounts on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports on customer collection activities as requested.
- Extensive collection experience.
- Knowledge of Credit function operations.
- BA or Associates Degree in Business related field with 5+ years of experience including 3+ years of collection experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Accounts Receivable and Credit/Collection systems.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to travel within the US.
- Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk.
- Maximum unassisted lift 35 lbs, average lifts less than 10 lbs.
- Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
- Office environment.
- Inside average office environment.
- Average office noise levels.
- No personal protective equipment required.
- Ambient temperature between 68 - 76 degrees.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 956192
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At Dayton Superior, we’re serious about concrete construction supplies. To us, they’re not just what we sell, they’re a reflection of who we are. Our 17,000+ products are tough, tested and high performing, just like the people who stand behind them. Today, we are one of the leading suppliers to the global non-residential concrete construction industry. Accessories…chemicals…forming…paving. All the concrete solutions you need, all in one place.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
View the full profile
Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran