A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. A Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is completed.
- We strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy and a successful Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of time.
- Will maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
- Expected to comply with company policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances. Will ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the service center's performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
- The successful Technician will be expected to maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or mechanic and four ASE's (Brakes & Steering and Suspension, plus two ASE's from the following: A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) are required
- Additional ASE's are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent certifications may be considered as part of the qualification process However, we require all Technicians to achieve the required ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
- We promote a safe and skillful service operation, therefore, we pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians who attempt to achieve their required ASE certifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends
Replace Damaged Component
Perform Undercar Repair
Change Automotive Technology