St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) delivers nursing care for patients across their life span, and through the nursing process, assesses, plans, implements, and documents the effects of care. Works cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient-team personnel to maintain standards for professional nursing practice. These nursing functions of the RN are carried out according to the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act, hospital policy, the hospital Mission Statement, and the Philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs in depth, systematic assessment of all assigned patients.
- Formulates collaborative and individualized plan of care and identifies expected patient outcomes, using the nursing process.
- Implements, evaluates and documents patient care interventions and effectiveness in accordance with care plan.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes patient care consistently utilizing available resources.
- Maintains an awareness of unit budget.
- Functions as a professional role model and resource person providing guidance to co-workers.
- Takes active role in unit-based performance improvement.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs.
- Complies with established chain of command for work related problems.
- Participates in identifying unit needs and supports unit goals and objectives that contribute to the growth of the Patient Services Department.
- Maintains departmental records for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Collaborates with other caregivers to assure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transports patients weighing up to 500 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above should level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
Current RN license in the State of Pennsylvania.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year medical/surgical experience preferred. Individualized orientation program for all areas. Evidence of successful completion of BLS.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse Full Time Eves[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse Full Time Eves
Registered Nurse Certified