To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Operations Specialist
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics • Springfield, VA
Posted 9 days ago
The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you will be responsible for accurate relocation expense management services, audits, client billing and collections, payable's, revenue collection and tracking, company financial accounting, reporting and system administration as it relates to corporate and government relocation clients.
The ideal person will have a strong focus on teamwork, with the ability to collaborate well with both internal and external customers.
- Review and audit a large volume of employee expense reports and provider invoices for compliance with company/client policies
- Monitor expenses, question and follow up on irregularities and ensure has proper cost allocations and approvals.
- Compute withholding and tax benefits
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures
- Organize and maintain financial records
- Preparation, analysis, reconciliation of weekly/monthly reports.
- Review financial statements.
- Prepare documentation and reports as needed for both internal and external audits
- Examine financial statements to be sure that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years payroll, expense audit, accounting and/or client billing experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Relocation experience strongly desired.
- Household goods and Federal Acquisition Regulations experience preferred.
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.