To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2150 Penn Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Research Coordinator - GW Cancer Center
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates • Washington, DC
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To participate in assigned department research projects and activities with primary functions devoted to data collection and data review Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with the preparation and Submission of Regulatory Documentation to Institutional Review Boards and Sponsor
• Maintain accurate and organized regulatory documentation, correspondence, safety reports
• Follow-up with research subjects for missing information as needed.
• Attends Investigator meetings and educational meetings as necessary
• Assist with the maintenance of Institutional Review Board documentation and meet deadlines for submission, continuing review and safety updates
• Act as liaison with other campus-wide offices and external research collaborators as necessary to coordinate research efforts
• Coordination of recruitment including request for referrals, advertising, chart review and database searches
• Schedule patient visits, coordinate testing with other departments
• Orders supplies/equipment for assigned studies
• Generates source documentation and assure accurate collection of data to fulfill protocol design
• Communicates with Billing Department regarding research and insurance billing requirements
• Completion of Case Report Forms and/or Electronic data capture and respond to queries in a timely manner
• Report to and seek guidance from Lead Clinical Research Assistant or Associate and Principle Investigator as needed
• Performs duties as assigned by Primary Investigator and Department Manager
• Has awareness of personal limitations. Reports to and seeks guidance from supervisor and/or investigator as appropriate.
• Works with others on the research teams to ensure smooth operation of research program
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential. Education A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience Experience Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power-Point is desired. Competencies The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or traits required for success in this position. The Clinical Research Assistant must demonstrate: Knowledge and support of GWMFA’s vision, mission statement, values, and guiding principles. Current knowledge of medical research standards, protocols, and regulations applicable to the position/Practice Area. Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating professionally, cheerfully, and effectively with study participants, families, physicians, and coworkers. Good written communication skills for the preparation of coherent research summaries. Proficiency reading documents and following instructions written in English. The ability to work well with others across differences and resolve conflicts when they occur. Familiarity with the technology/equipment utilized by the research project. Compassion, patience, and calm. Integrity, with appropriate concern for confidentiality. Flexibility, initiative, and self-direction. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities. Concern for quality and accuracy.