To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
- Communications Test Design, Inc.
- Phone: 610-436-5203
- Phone:: 610-436-8914
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Logistics Manager (Seattle, WA) (20133474)
Communications Test Design, Inc • Seattle, WA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will be responsible for the daily production, P&L, and quality performance of the Shipping/Receiving department. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Overseeing all inbound and outbound orders including:
o Controlling material for receipt, issue, and shipment.
- Coordinating shipping of material with CTDI transportation group.
- Utilize TMS systems, to facilitate material movement planning and scheduling.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory finished goods via company trucks. Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Reviews inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and takes action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands;
- Works with shipping supervisor to effectively resolve inventory or order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control;
- Ensures that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements.
- Complete accurate and timely scheduling and dispatching of trucks to ensure that the flow of product in and out meets customer demands.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment.
- Create and monitor transportation benchmarks to measure service levels.
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers.
- Participate in Logistics projects by managing new initiatives as they arise.
- Creation and maintain daily, weekly and monthly statistics.
- Provide exceptional customer service by developing good working relationships with the customers.
- Proactively handle customer shipment routing requests.
- Prepare load-build reports as requested by the customer.
- Resolve customer problems & complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create & develop innovative ways of streamlining the operations processes wherever possible within the guidelines of customer requirements & team goals.
- Monitoring employee's performance and attendance.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong teambuilding and employee development skills.
- Excellent PC skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Very good communication skills (telephone and email) are essential
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and CONSTANT deadlines
- Problem Solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions for dilemmas and problems
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- 2 or more years of work experience in the Transportation Industry
- Associate's Degree in Inventory Management, Logistics, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years in a Customer Service capacity with a Third Party Distribution Industry