CASH POSTING & RECONCILIATION MANAGER - HEALTHCARE
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Responsible for the daily management of the Hospital, HR Physician Services and Central Business Office cash departments, to ensure all cash is deposited and posted to the appropriate financial system and reconciled each day. Responsible for the reconciliation of all non-patient cash received. Monitors the daily workflow, quality and productivity of staff and ensures staff meets reasonable work expectations. Works closely with Finance to ensure all cash received is accounted for. Responsible to monitor, approve and ensure compliance with Holy Redeemer guidelines. Collaborates with Health System departments to achieve the HRHS CBO key performance metric targets established by Senior Leadership.
CONNECTING TO MISSION:
All individuals, within the scope of their position are responsible to perform their job according to the Missions & Values of the Health System. Regardless of position, every job contributes to the challenge of providing health care. There is an ongoing responsibility to ensure the values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Approach, Stewardship and Collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and in the services we provide. The Corporate Finance Department strives to contribute to this mission by working with the entire organization to provide the most positive financial climate possible, for continued caring, comforting, and healing for all in need.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting Preferred). A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five plus (5+) years of cash reconciliation and staff management experience working for a healthcare provider required.
- HFMA or AAHAM professional certification preferred.
- Understanding of healthcare accounting procedures as they relate to cash management and reporting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Familiar with multiple (widely used) healthcare patient accounting/billing systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Internet Explorer, and Database Management application software.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal. Additional languages are preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and accurately process high volumes of work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good analytical skills.