To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Municipal Research Associate
Eaton Vance Management • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Provides research and analytical support to Municipal Credit Analysts and Portfolio Managers. Work closely with Senior Analysts to research new investment ideas and help monitor existing investments in assigned market sectors. The Research Associate is expected to develop independence as their experience and skill related to assigned responsibilities dictates. Over time, the Research Associate should be able to offer independent analysis and recommendations on specific investments and be a significant contributor to the Municipal team’s investment decision making process.
- Support senior analysts by conducting research and analysis on individual municipal issuers that will focus on the credit fundamentals and structure of particular securities.
- Collect, maintain and analyze financial and statistical data and develop quantitative models to support fundamental research.
- Maintain surveillance of assigned credits through evaluation of periodic financial reporting, monitoring various news sources and communication with peer group professionals, external industry analysts, and management teams.
- Write credit surveillance reports and present analysis to colleagues. Recommend trade ideas based on relative value analysis with guidance from senior analysts.
- Create spreadsheets and macros to pull data from multiple spreadsheets and databases into unified reports.
- Work on relevant projects for Senior Analysts as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a strong academic record. Relevant experience or demonstrated interest in investment analysis a plus.
- Extremely strong Excel skills.
- Enrolled or plan to enroll in CFA Program.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team—including the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Plan to attend Business School in 3 – 5 years.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or expression, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110