The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for completing the day-to-day processing and monitoring of the tax organization for Pelican Products, Inc. and its subsidiaries. The primary focus will be on preparing corporate tax returns, researching and identifying any tax issues, and providing support to tax-related audits.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Coordinates with Corporate Accounting for preparation of tax returns and tax provision.
• Tax planning including researching issues and coordinating with internal departments and external tax advisors.
• Prepares and/or reviews domestic & international tax returns and supporting workpapers.
• Prepares and/or review of quarterly and annual estimated tax payments and extension.
• Assists in responding and resolution of IRS, State, local, and foreign tax audits.
• Provides compliance assistance by providing support with SOX documentation and internal control provisions.
• Reviews and/or prepares responses to tax notices.
• Assists with year-end tax provision workpaper and responds to financial auditor inquires.
• Support external tax audits and gather relevant data in response to IDRs.
• Assists with providing data for tax budgeting purposes.
• Work collaboratively across departments ensuring proper tax policies are followed and tax software updated.
• Establishes cross-functional relationships while driving process efficiencies and conflict solutions.
• Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in general and tax accounting
• CPA certificate or demonstrated progress towards obtaining certificate
• Advanced analytical, tax technical skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel; experience with SAP or large ERP system
BONUS POINTS FOR:
• Consolidation experience
• “Big Four” experience
• Generous paid time off plans
• 401k plan – with a competitive match
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
• On-Site Flu Shots – Free!
• Prime location – minutes away from the beach!
• Amazing employee discount program on Pelican Products
• Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
• Wellness Discount Program
• Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
• And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Tax Compliance Software