To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Konecranes • Winchester, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Installation - Maint - Repair, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Winchester, VA, US
Employment type: 953
Country: United States (US)
Location: [[city]], Virginia (US-VA)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Field Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Service Manager/Branch Manager
Are you a mechanically inclined individual with an industrial background? Are you driven to be a leader in the industrial field? Konecranes is seeking an individual with leadership qualities to fill a field supervisor position. In this role, you would be maintaining one of our branch locations, and providing supervisory support to our service technicians. The individual in this position will also be assisting the Branch Manager as well as the District Operations Manager. Strong multitasking skills are a must, as you will be reviewing performance, tracking and following up with leads, managing technician schedules, and resolving any complaints. Konecranes is a safety first type of environment, and we strive for the maximum safety of all of our employees. If you feel that you are organized, have the ability to lead a team, and are interested in working for one of the leading industrial companies in the United States, apply with Konecranes.
- Supervise field operatives including customer consultation, spot audits, quality control and safety
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign/manage field labor hours to maximize without compromising safety or quality. Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Assist technicians with identification of required repair parts. Procure required materials, parts, equipment, and subcontract labor for work assignments. Process related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed. Process purchase orders through the system using established guidelines.
- Review performance of service jobs to ensure quotations accurately project labor hours, travel costs, rental costs, procured items, etc. Analyze and report to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
- Provide supervisory support to technicians. Provide information and assistance on any disciplinary issues and document actions, with guidance from the Service Manager or higher-level management.
- Perform service work to assist with overflow and emergencies, as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and technicians via telephone support or facilitate contact with appropriate resources to support the need.
- Track and follow up on leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Take appropriate action to ensure leads are quoted in a timely fashion or forward lead to other designated resources, for estimation and quotation, if required.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be quickly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
- Collect warranty information, monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Service or Operations Manager prior to authorizing work. Communicate status with customer and authorize work, as appropriate, following established guidelines.
- Provide leadership in safe work practices by functioning as the Branch Safety Officer. Organize, document, and report monthly safety meetings.
- Maintain and provide all safety-related documentation, per company guidelines.
- Assist the Branch/Service Manager and the District Operations Manager in establishing training needs and requirements for all field operatives in the branch.
- Review and approve technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy, allocation to the correct job numbers, and compliance with company policy.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Service Manager or Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles and record the results.
- Perform invoicing weekly to meet company standards and continuously maintain the open orders report ensuring that the open orders report reflects the current status of active service work.
- Ensure 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts of problem accounts, as needed. Consult district staff prior to delivery of services or materials to accounts outstanding for over 60 days.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean, presentable manner, if appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 2+ years' experience in a technical/support role. Familiarity with
overhead cranes and their component parts desired. Prior supervisory and/or leadership experience preferred. Must be customer-oriented, have well-developed interpersonal, communication, and PC skills and be able to prioritize tasks.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Occasional travel required, possibly overnight and international. Must have a take charge attitude, be decisive and possess a high level of responsibility.
EDUCATION: Technical Associate's degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
Job ID: 109579690
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.