To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr Security Engineer
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 29 days ago
Sr. Engineer-Network Security
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining information/network security systems for Windstream’s service provider and management networks. The incumbent must possess skills that enable him or her to troubleshoot and maintain security applications and equipment that support both an Internet Service Provider business and a Network Operations environment.
The successful candidate must have a proven technical-security background, with emphasis on identity and security technologies, including an understanding of Information Security fundamentals (such as the ISC2's Common Body of Knowledge, United Kingdom's Common Criteria, and ISO 17799). A strong desire to promote solid Information Security awareness/practice throughout the enterprise is critical, as the candidate will be asked to provide subject matter expertise to other areas inside enterprise.
- Participate in the strategic design and architecture of a complex, high-scale enterprise Security program.
- Responsible for the evolution of the Security alerting and monitoring program by implementing and executing integration processes, frameworks, and activities.
- Responsible for the operational support of all Network Security Operations alerting and monitoring management platforms to ensure stability, uptime, and security.
- Lifecycle management of new security systems and applications with existing environments.
- Assist with the decommission or migration of existing environments.
- Write technical documents as necessary describing base security requirements and architecture.
- Document policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in an Incident Response Team as necessary.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Fortinet, CheckPoint, or Cisco ASA firewalls. Must have experience in design, installation, configuration, and operations.
- Strong skills in system administration for Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Development of identity and access governance framework and methodologies.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in at least one of the following:
- SIEM technologies and methodologies
- Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities within a TCP/IP environment.
- Familiar with fundamental networking concepts.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
- Independent problem solver; self-directed, self-starting.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good personal organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work issues via ticketing system.
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic operations environment.
- Available and willing to be in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Ability to lift at a minimum 50 pounds.
- Strong understanding of alerting and monitoring security fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of system design.
- Security system deployment methodology
- Defense in depth strategies
Security Product Knowledge
- Familiarity with RSA Ace (SecurID), Active Directory and OpenRadius
- Solaris or Redhat
- Windows 2003 and newer
- Experience with Cisco ACS/ISE
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper and Cisco firewalls a plus
Certification / License
- CISSP / CISM (Preferred)
Education and Experience: College degree and 7-10 years’ experience or
11 + years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required. 5+ years of experience with information security principles and practices such as: access control, authentication, authorization, and audit.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.