Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
Macy’s Department Hourly Supervisors perform all functions related to operational job duties in addition to supervising associates in a given work area or areas as assigned.
- Ensures safe workplace behaviors are taught, emphasized and used at all times.
- Assist in establishing team pride in maintaining orderliness and facility housekeeping.
- Provides hands-on direction to colleagues for the operation of the fulfillment center so that they contribute to the overall successful movement of merchandise within established levels of service, accuracy, and productivity standards.
- Trains, cross-trains and certifies colleagues in all operational areas as requested. Recognizes training deficiencies and works with manager to retrain/address issues.
- Assists in the development of all hourly colleagues and works to stimulate growth of highly performing team members.
- Provides guidance to daily operations activities to ensure a high degree of coordination and cooperation between different areas, maintenance of clean and organized work place and the personal safety of all colleagues.
- Practices open and continuous communication; values keeping others well informed; presents written and verbal ideas or feedback in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily team meetings.
- Recognizes and celebrates individual and team performance with positive reinforcement.
- Ensures colleagues are working towards continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists colleagues to offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions their cause.
- Demonstrates strong reliability.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- PC knowledge, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with colleagues and people leaders.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of computers and handheld technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and effective organization skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Department Hourly Supervisor here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Department Hourly Supervisor here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Department Hourly Supervisor here.
Attention To Detail