Requisition ID: 133519
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are currently looking for a motivated Substation Designer/Drafter to join our growing Substation and Transmission Line Design team in Portland, OR. As part of the team of highly specialist design professional, you will support variety of substation, transmission and distribution project ranging from 12kv to 500kV. We are supporting both engineering design and EPC projects for clients throughout the country.
Kiewit Power Delivery is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil, gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on continuous improvement and always delivering on our commitments to our clients and ourselves. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Portland, OR.
• Work with Engineers and Designers to develop the design documents and drawings for Substation or Transmission Line project.
• Create design/construction drawing package for substation design project including substation general plan, elevation and detail, bill of material, conduit and cable schedule.
• Provide drafting support for various type of substation project including physical, electrical and protection and control design.
• Utilize company standards, client standards, and/or Engineering direction to produce new drawings and update existing drawings utilizing AutoCAD, MicroStation or PLS-C ADD
• Maintain document management system with quality data.
• Train, develop and mentor the less-experienced design team members
• Perform quality control checks and provide feedback to team members
• At least 5 years’ experience in Design and/or Drafting disciplines with a background in Electrical substation or Transmission line design
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design preferred; minimum GED Diploma with drafting or electrical design training.
• Experience working with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
• Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
• Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Auto Cad
- Document Management Systems
- Engineering Design Process
- Freight Forwarding