Requisition ID: 146901
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As an entry-level Substation Engineer, you will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing electrical calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
- Gas-fired generation
- Power delivery
- Environmental retrofits
- Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our offices in Portland, OR; Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
• Assist project team in creating all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for project built drawings.
• Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
• Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• 0-2 years of experience performing engineering related duties
• Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
• Eligibility to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
• Legally able to work in the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in the English language
Base Compensation: $58,000 - $87,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Diagrams