JOB TITLE: Client Manager
REPORTS TO: Team Manager/Operations Supervisor
DIVISION: Employee Benefit Solutions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – Summary
The Client Manager provides high-level services to our clients. The Client Manager works in conjunction with client executives, producers, and team managers to ensure services promised to clients are faithfully delivered. They assist producers in account solicitation and retention. The client manager may assist in plan design consultation, plan implementation, enrollment services, technology support, and employee communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Establish relationships with assigned clients and assume the primary responsibility for client service and retention when a Client Executive is not assigned to a client.
• Develop and manage agency relationships with carriers, vendors, underwriters, and other service providers.
• Handle advanced client, producer, and insurer service requests while maintaining a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency, and carrier personnel.
• Facilitate client meetings and training sessions with client’s employees; group and individual basis to include online site training.
• Prepare presentation materials and present open enrollment presentations and various other client meetings to clients and client’s employees live or via webinar.
• Coordinate the training of Human Resources/Benefit Administrators as necessary which includes using carrier websites and train their staff and employees. Assist clients with on-going training.
• Conduct periodic coverage and service reviews with clients.
• Follow HBS procedures within Applied EPIC.
• Assist with escalated billing and claims resolution.
• Responsible for certain aspects of new business and renewals including completing master applications, employee applications and all other necessary submission materials obtained from client.
• Inform, educate and make recommendations to clients about benefit administration systems as well as various other technology platforms and systems.
• Maintain ongoing training in the areas of healthcare reform and compliance (i.e. ACA Reporting, COBRA, DOL Audits, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, etc.), when a CE is not assigned to the client.
• Attend various monthly division meetings when the meetings pertain to the client manager role.
• Responsible for understanding new and existing carrier products/services and underwriting requirements.
• Perform other duties as requested including exercising discretion and judgment prioritizing workload.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s degree is required
• Life and Health License must be obtained within 120 days of the first day of New Hire Onboarding
• Minimum of five year’s group/individual benefit experience and a working knowledge and understanding of insurance coverage’s and carrier products
• Understanding and skilled at all basic computer and technology tools
• Demonstrated presentation skills for effective communication both verbal and written with the ability to influence external and internal clients.
• Must be willing to travel as required
• Extremely Detailed and Organized
• Sense of urgency and works well under pressure
• Analytical – technically oriented
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through
• Ability to communicate with all levels of individuals
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional, positive manner with internal and external clients, co-workers, subordinates and all levels of management. All employees are expected to behave in a way consistent with the corporate values of Driven, Excellent and Together.
Fast-paced, multi-task environment requiring the ability to adjust quickly for schedule change and disruption while continuing to maintain the behavior standards.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
• Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
• Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
• Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
• Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone
• Travel by air or ground transportation for up to 6 consecutive hours. Some overnight travel may be required
• Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Employee Retirement Income Security Act