Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible to help ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards, monitor and improve the quality of our operational processes and outputs. The Quality Engineer leads the development and/or review of Control Plans, 8D’s, APQP, PPAP, SPC & should have excellent troubleshooting skills. The Quality Engineer will also support adherence to the ISO9001-2015 International Standard.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. It is guided with the Eaton Quality policy and acts at all times according to Eaton philosophy and code of ethics.
In this function you will:
- Develop and implement quality processes & quality control systems. Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met
- Monitor and analyze quality performance (internal & customers). Including Warranty, Scrap, Rework, Warranty, Supplier Quality.
- Close management of quality escapes with our Eaton Warehouse(s) as part of our containment process.
- Support customer in the field to address product quality issues. Help with trouble shooting, resolution and product repair or replacement. Internally distribute Quality Alert for awareness of the defect in the field to the manufacturing team.
- Develop or review purchased parts quality plans and appropriate incoming inspection plan and point of use quality plan.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product or production issues & developing corrective action solutions, and improvements
- Follow up customer warranties throughout the process to determine credit level or credit denial.
- Authority to participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) team for approving disposition of nonconforming material.
- ISO9001:2015 – Eaton Quality Management System Internal Auditor and program support.
- Support hourly inspection team (SPC) to help prevent or resolve factory quality issues, support incoming inspection and tool calibration.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years combined experience in a Quality, Manufacturing and/or Design Engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, engineering processes and systems, such as; Blueprint/specification reading, Bill of Material, Routings
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems, such as; APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Statistical Process Controls
Quality Management Systems
Failure Mode Effects Analysis