Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion-to \"also treat the human spirit.\" The Radiology Department seeks an experienced Registered Nurse, responsible for providing excellent patient care within the scope of his/her practice, focusing on Radiology Diagnostics. Patient care includes assessment, planning and implementing a plan of care and evaluating patients' progress towards expected outcomes.
Radiology - MRI
In this role, the Registered Nurse (Radiology) utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying the service excellence goals of care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a contributing member of a health care team, develops and provides a comprehensive plan of care for assigned patients.Position Responsibilities:
Patient Care & Assessment - Clarifies and implements orders from physician, physician assistant and/or advance practice nurse by administering medications and performing treatments and testing as prescribed by the physician, and documents accordingly. Recognizes symptoms and establishes priorities consistent with patient's condition. Documents ongoing assessments of patient's physical and emotional status in order to address patient needs appropriately. Demonstrates mastery of required unit-based competencies and orientation goals.
Plan of Care - Obtains information from patient and/or family to develop an appropriate patient educational plan. Formulates, implements and continually revises patient plan of care based on ongoing assessment of the patient, information acquired from patient's database, and resources within the medical center. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to promote effective patient care.
Communication - Performs required documentation and communicates in a competent and effective manner to meet patient and/or family needs and regulatory requirements.
Discharge Planning - Reviews and evaluates discharge plans with the multidisciplinary teams, the patient, and family to promote timely and appropriate discharge.
Quality Improvement - Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes.
MAGIS & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
Professional Development Activities - Demonstrates accountability for professional growth and job performance by seeking opportunities to enhance job skills and knowledge.
Position Requirements:Minimum Required:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our MAGIS values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Less than one year of previous job-related experience
Specify Degree(s): Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Basic Life Support (CPR) by American Heart Association
- Nursing - Current Registered Nurse license State of Illinois
Other: Specialty certification in a clinical or functional area of nursing granted by a national nursing organization is preferred.
Other: Ability to become proficient in EPIC with on-the-job training.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to compile complex reports and develop presentations
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and establish direction
- Ability to plan, coordinate and develop multiple projects
- Ability to work as an effective team member
Other: Ability to articulate the scope of practice and appropriate delegation of nursing tasks per the Illinois State Nurse Practice Act.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works