Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, and innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Are you ready to operate on a global scale? Join one of Fortune's top 50 Most Admired Companies, and their Most Admired Airline, while building products that millions of customers use daily. You will work with the best and brightest at Delta IT on our transformation journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and look for team members and leaders to help us realize our vision.
The IT Manager will provide leadership to help us realize our test modernization vision to deliver speed to test in the AWS cloud. They will build technical roadmaps and deploy testing solutions that complement the CICD pipeline self-managed by the product squads. They will ensure the modernized testing solutions meet success criteria without compromising quality, reusability, resiliency, and scalability.
This leader will collaborate with technical architects and partners across IT to build an industry-best testing practice. The ideal candidate will have previous experience transforming testing utilizing AWS cloud best practices. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comprehend, manage, and enhance Enterprise Quality Strategy.
- Provide hands-on leadership in building and deploying the technical roadmap to deliver the strategy.
- Supervise performance, test environment, test data teams, and their backlog.
- Manage teams from all aspects, including budgeting, staffing, mentoring, time reporting, etc.
- Lead with empathy and promote a diverse and inclusive culture within the team and organization.
- Modernize performance testing to run and scale seamlessly in the pipeline for early feedback.
- Build a roadmap, set a team vision in alignment with organizational goals, and drive these to successful outcomes.
- Build and manage the test environment strategy that works for cloud and on-prem postures.
- Provide leadership in developing, packaging, and moving testing tools/frameworks to AWS.
- Remove testing impediments by applying cloud design principles and automation.
- Champion quality and promote it through roadshows and the Quality Guild.
- Lead development and adoption of automation frameworks.
- Recruit, upskill, and retain the industry's best talent.
- Lead and conclude issues triage for the test and prod systems.
- Innovate new ideas and select the best solutions and tools via conducting POCs and ROI analysis.
- Manage the team backlog using agile practices.
*This role may sit in Atlanta, Georgia or Minneapolis, Minnesota. What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Technical leader with the development and test automation experience in AWS.
- Experience in leading and transforming testing practice as a thought leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or any equivalent combination of experience.
- Hands-on experience managing performance testing and test environments.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and enabling tools and languages.
- Knowledge of CICD enablement tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Tekton & Python scripting
- Knowledge of AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild, S3, CloudWatch, QuickSight, EC2, RedShift
- Must hold Delta core values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Big ideas and passion for technology and people
#DICE - provided by Dice
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon S3
- Assistive Technology