As the Roadway Department Manager, you will be responsible to develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with local clients as well as setting the vision for growth and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards. As the Roadway Department Manager in our growing Cincinnati, OH office, you will work closely with our office manager and other local staff in the development of targeted client service action plans for Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC), counties, and cities. You will coordinate staff workload with other transportation departments within Michael Baker International. You will lead and participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major highway or roadway project opportunities, including alternative delivery projects, and will be responsible for successful contracting and project execution.
- The Roadway Department Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and interstate improvement projects for ODOT and other local clients around our Cincinnati, OH office.
- The successful candidate will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget, program and quality objectives. You will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team and provide technical guidance and oversight for the design for transportation projects; check work progress and identify changes of scope and additional services.
- Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules.
- The successful candidate will provide strategic planning while building and maintaining relationships with key client decision makers, keeping ahead of upcoming project advertisements and changes in the clients' organization. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead proposal strategies, content, etc. and participate in the interview process to win work as well as be a visible and an active member of the Ohio Transportation community through professional organization involvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or other related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Ohio required. PE license in Kentucky is a plus
- 10+ years of highway and/or roadway design experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- ODOT and/or other local client experience is a must
- KYTC client experience is a plus
- Demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proposal writing and presentation skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills are required
- Strong track record of overseeing successful project delivery
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
- Have the drive to be a leader in the company and in the professional community
- Possess strong engineering judgment with a strive for quality and financial excellence
The salary range for this position is $100,942- $166,543. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Contract Management
- Customer Service
- Financial Management