Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 150 Company) is seeking candidates for a
Supplier Quality Engineer. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in,
Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Responsible for supplier quality engineering activities to improve purchased part quality and reduce the cost of the supplier base. Monitor the quality assurance and supplier development activities of mechanical part suppliers to ensure that the incoming
material and services supplied are of the highest possible and consistently improving level of quality.
Education & Experience
- Conduct audits of existing suppliers to review methods for sampling inspection and testing of received material, to evaluate conformance to specification, and to correlate supplier measurement methods to those of Brooks incoming inspection.
- Conduct surveys of new supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of the systems and processes.
- Provide and coordinate the technical support to suppliers to solve problems related to part design and quality.
- Analyze defective material and determine the source of the defect.
- Review quality problems with engineering/purchasing associates and coordinate with purchasing the supplier action required to correct defects.
- Prepare periodic reports concerning departmental activities, problems, supplier quality system/ratings, schedules, and rejected items.
- Coordinate the quality approval process for new suppliers and new product start-up including first article inspection and testing for initial production approval and product qualification.
- Ensure adequate supplier quality planning through periodic reviews of process FMEA’s, gauge R&R’s, control plans and outgoing inspection plans.
- Ensure supplier understanding of ECN changes and Brooks Instrument specifications.
- Establish, implement, and maintain the Supplier Quality Assurance manual for system compliance and continuous improvement.
- Apply metrology and statistical methods to the analysis of quality parameters for both control and improvement of the supplier’s process.
- Support the division efforts to establish, implement, and maintain a system for supplier certification and performance measurement.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ISO 9001 Level II documentation and internal/external quality system audits, as needed
- Develop and maintain receiving inspection plans, gauge R&R studies, and calibration/inspection/test procedures where required.
- Develop sampling plans, design forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data, and write instructions on the use of such forms.
- Assist in the research, evaluation, and development of alternate and consolidated sources of material.
- Assist in the investigation of new designs and materials to decrease costs and improve production, quality, and efficiency.
- Participate in cross-functional continuous improvement projects as supplier quality subject matter expert
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years industry experience with minimum 2 years in Supplier Quality and/or Supply Chain Management required
- Project management experience and ASQ certification as a Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor or Supplier Quality Professional desired
- Experience and/or training in, DOE, SPC, TQM, ISO-9001, AS9100, Lead Auditor Training, Root Cause Problem Solving, Team Dynamics, Group Motivation, Value Analysis, Lean Manufacturing desired
- Experience and proficiency with spreadsheet, database and statistical software required
- Knowledge of industry and international standards for materials and finishes, including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics, printed circuit materials, plating, and coatings desired
- Working knowledge and familiarity with ANSI standards for engineering documentation, including ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) desired
- Knowledge of machining and forming processes desired
- Knowledge of inspection methods and equipment, including the practical limits of small feature measurement desired
- Knowledge of international standards for environmental compliance, including RoHS and REACH desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment required
- High degree of initiative and problem-solving capability required
- Active engagement with maintaining and enhancing Brooks safety practices required
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment required
Domestic and international travel, for up to 2 weeks at a time is required. Travel schedules are planned to cover multiple supplier site audits. Unscheduled travel may be required occasionally to accommodate business requirements.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s
the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work,
all over the world.
Total Quality Management
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Quality Management Systems
Aerospace Basic Quality System Standards