The HVAC Technician is responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units throughout the district. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, Plan, and Perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC System.
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water and condensation pumps.
- Perform brazing, soldering, pipefitting, welding, and fabrication.
- Read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Inspect, monitor, repair, maintain, and operate mechanical systems, motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats, and switches.
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning, glycol, heating, hot water, and steam distribution equipment and systems to optimize performance and energy use.
- Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications to HVAC System.
- Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues.
- Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations.
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment.
- Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts.
- Properly maintain and safeguard district assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:Education
- no minimum education requirements.Experience
- 3-5 years of Industrial experience to include working on chillers.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Third-Party Inquiries Please
- See the "Know Your Rights" poster available in English and Spanish.
- See the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" poster available in English and Spanish.
- This Company does not accept and will not consider unsolicited resumes or any other unsolicited candidate information submitted to the Company or any of its employee-owners by staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters in response to a posted vacancy.The Company will not pay any placement fee(s) without a written agreement to do so (i.e., payment must be required pursuant to the terms of a written agreement).
- If you are a job seeker with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs or have accessibility concerns, please contact thePeople Services Teamat
- Mechanical Systems
- Preventive Maintenance