Responsibilities Peraton has a great opportunity for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in Chantilly, VA supporting our Intelligence Community (IC) customer. At the heart of national security, we've been embedded into this cutting-edge program, known as Skyfire, for nearly a decade where our team has tremendous opportunity for meaningful growth. You will be working in a rewarding, mission focused environment, cutting edge software design, development, and deployment, contributing to the protection and defense of national space assets. Your efforts will fundamentally change what Space Domain Awareness (SDA) and Mission Protection means for our Nation. Skyfire is an SDA Indications and Warning (I&W) system. Its purpose is, find RSOs of interest, provide data to ground operators, and establish a repository of resident space objects (RSOs). Located in Chantilly, VA, the Skyfire team uses: programitics, sensor modeling, and system engineering expertise to deliver this world-class SDA I&W system. The project follows the Scaled Agile Framework™ (SAFe) Large Solution. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance and minimal travel.
* The person in this RTE role, is considered a SAFe authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. * Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments as they lead the software development to production effort by conveying the vision to multiple scrum delivery teams, outlining and prioritizing work based on customer requirements and business value. * Through Program Increment (PI) planning and routine interaction with stakeholders ensuring their interests are included in the release, and the team to ensure the release is developed by the deadline and within budget. * Responsible for the business aspects of the project, including ensuring the right product is being built, in the right order, within budget and by the deadline. * Working with the Solution Train Engineer, the RTE serves as the scrum delivery teams' primary contact for information, work prioritization, and decision-making. * Coordinate and monitor the Scrum process from initiation through delivery. * Serve as liaisons between the business owner (the Government customer), the product owner, development teams, and management in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. * Ensure that team members understand project objectives. * Maintain product backlog and release plan and facilitate productivity by setting up meetings and removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's sprint goals. * Preserve flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes. Qualifications Required Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree (engineering, computer science, information technology, or related) and 8+ years' experience. Additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Total relevant work experience: 10+ years with five years as a product owner or equivalent and five years in software development.
* Experience with scrum project management, agile software development, and software version control management
* Certification: SAFe Release Train Engineer
* Must have experience in communicating with all levels of executives
* This position requires the candidate possess a Top Secret clearance with SCI and ability to obtain Polygraph. The candidate must maintain the clearance. Desired Qualifications: * MS degree and 3-5 years relevant experience * Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of customer's lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices
* Experience with multiple Agile teams in different organizations
* Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities
* Experience with enterprise architecture, application planning, and deployment
* SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
Peraton Overview Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers. Salary Range Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
- Agile Methodology
- Decision Making
- Enterprise Architectures
- Information Technology