To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Human Resources Generalist
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Swedesboro, NJ
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
This position is responsible for the full scope of human resources activities including staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits administration, project management, employee relations, employment laws and regulations, health and safety, and maintaining a union-free work environment. This position works closely with the operations team providing counsel and guidance regarding policies, procedures, and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements. Keeps management and operations apprised of internal and external HR developments that may affect overall effectiveness.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Guide managers and supervisors in appropriate and fair human resource practices
- Assist supervisors with performance management, including delivery of disciplinary action for hourly employees
- Maintain associate personnel files, ensuring documents and manuals are kept current, accurate, confidential, and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Partner with leave administrator and management to effectively administer and track leave programs including short-term disability, worker’s compensation, FMLA, and personal leaves
- Implement and utilize HR metrics to measure performance
- Process terminations through coordination with corporate HR and legal department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience; professional HR certification is desirable
- 7+ years of HR experience in the areas of salary HRIS administration, HR Management, benefits administration, payroll, and employee relations
- Must be an experienced and strong user of HRIS, time and attendance systems, and Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.