To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morganton, NC 28655
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Electrical Engineer
SGL Carbon • Morganton, NC
Posted 22 days ago
This position is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, estimating and managing projects. Must be able to handle all aspects of
project design including multiple discipline design (civil, electrical and mechanical). This position will be responsible for the plant
electrical infrastructure including primary transmission and distribution system, PLC programs and network infrastructure.
Ensures that budgets and target dates are met including individual contribution and use of outside consultants, contractors, and
internal resources. Uses good engineering design principles in accordance with established OSHA, EPA environmental standards,
SGL Division and Corporate policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for supervision of equipment installations in a
heavy industrial setting
1. Works with Engineering Manager, technical, production leaders and engineering staff to determine and implement plant
capital projects. Gathers information to ensure inclusion of all possible needs.
2. Oversees and designs engineering projects with emphasis on safety and process optimization.
3. Ensures effective management of outside contractors in the design, and construction of plant equipment and processes.
4. Estimates, tracks and reports costs of capital projects to facilitate cost / benefit analysis.
5. Maintains all company and government mandated environmental, health and safety standards.
6. Manages the plant electrical transmission and distribution system.
7. Provides professional advice and support to internal departments concerning technical and engineering issues.
8. Designs plant PLC systems and network infrastructure.
9. Preparation of detailed drawings and P&ID’s.
10. Preparation of technical specifications / scope of work documents.
BS degree in: Mechanical, Electrical, or other
related engineering discipline.
Excellent computer skills with knowledge of
Proficient in AutoCAD and drafting standards.
Proficient in Word, Excel and MS Project.
Programming Allen Bradley PLC systems.
10 years minimum related work experience in a
heavy manufacturing setting.
Strong knowledge of power distribution systems,
PLC’s and rotating equipment.
Experience with presses, high temperature
processing equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics and
material handling systems.
Handling multiple projects concurrently within a
Capital Project budget: $2.0M up to $6.0M
Engineering Departmental Budget: $630K
Whole plant involving Engineering and Maintenance
Knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations.
Operational and Capital Budgeting including
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works between an office environment and a plant environment. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions as well as outdoors or indoors in non-controlled conditions. On occasion, the employee will work in hearing protection and/or a respirator due to exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position may require work near moving mechanical parts, and may on occasion, have exposure outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, high, precarious places, or toxic or caustic chemicals. May require some exposure to pits, tanks, and extremely dirty environments.
This position may require occasional travel