Position: Marine Trading Operations Specialist - Crude Oil / Petroleum
Industry: Crude Oil, Petroleum Product, Petrochemicals Trading
Work Location: Houston, TX
A global Crude & Refined Products Trading company is looking for an experienced Marine Trading Operations Specialist. The main responsibilities are Ocean cargoes and vessels operation and contracts review/ administration on their crude trade and relevant transactions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities Include but not are Limited to:
• Manage Ocean Operations once the trading deal and chartering are confirmed by the Trader/Charterer; whether buying or selling; ensuring the entire process runs in accordance with the company's practices, rules, and compliance, finance, and risk policies.
• Primary contact with other parties, Suppliers / Clients, responsible for controlling the entire physical process, loss control, lay time (demurrage), communication between all parties, very precise, on time, polite, and based on the Trading Ops ethic and best practices.
• Schedule vessel/barge scheduling, contact with terminals, be responsible for inventory control, schedule in/out movements, and report to Finance, Account, and Risk;
• Manage all operational costs related to the deal, always minimizing and or mitigating them, protecting the book's PnL, i.e. avoiding extra costs, respecting timing and commercial contractual clauses agreed upon by all;
• Nominate and appoint Inspection companies for all Operations; will issue documentary Instructions for each deal and ensure that all parties, internally and/or externally, are well informed and aware of the deal. Direct contact with ship agents, customs agents, and brokers in the trading business.
• Manage all documents related to operations processes, such as the Bill of Lading, the Certificate of Quantity and Quality, the LOI (Letter of Indemnity), the Statement of Facts, and any other documents.
Contract Administration: 20%
• Create and draft contracts for physical petroleum cargoes such as crude oil, distillates, gasoline, and naphtha, vessel chartering, and associating contracts such as derivative transactions that deal with trading activities (storage lease, etc.) for approval by Supervisors, and in close collaboration and coordination with the company's Trader, Legal PIC, middle/back office, and, if necessary, the HQ Legal Department and a legal service entity.
• Resolve discrepancies between counterparty and/or broker confirmations, negotiate any disputes (pricing, delivery incoterms, payment, etc.) by preparing timely responses for the counterparties. Inquire about outstanding contracts from counterparts and follow up on any outstanding amendments/confirmations. Modify the contracts in accordance with the approval of the Supervisors.
• Bachelor and/or Master’s degree of an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience in operation in the oil and gas industries. (ocean preferred: or onshore, ground)
• Preferred with contract administration experiences in pipeline trading, storage etc.
• Proficient in MS Office including Excel (intermediate to advanced)
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.