About Blue Apron
Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California and Texas, Blue Apron's mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone-from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. With over 300 employees at our corporate headquarters and just over 5,000 at our fulfillment centers, we send millions of meals to customers with all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
What We Are Looking For
We're looking for a talented and experienced HR Business Partner to join the onsite HR team at our Fulfillment Center in Linden, NJ to support our rapidly growing company, the successful candidate must be an organized team player who is able to manage multiple priorities at once. They will be immersed in all things related to our employees, and will support HR initiatives, projects, and programs. This HR professional will serve as the point of contact, in partnership with the HR Manager, for all employee relations matters in the fulfillment center.
About the Role
- Partner with HR Manager to resolve employee relation issues; provide coaching and counseling to management and staff at all levels
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations into associate issues, and recommend level of disciplinary action after investigations are complete
- Collect and process employment related paperwork to ensure that weekly payroll is processed accurately and efficiently
- Work closely with management to improve working relationships, increase employee engagement, and improve associate retention
- Provide HR guidance and interpretation of HR Policy and Procedure
- Analyze building trends and utilize data to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all legal requirements and partner with inside legal counsel as needed
- Respond to HR-related questions and issues on topics such as: policy interpretation, disability management, discipline, demotions, workforce restructures, workplace conflicts, job eliminations and other terminations
- Conduct thorough investigations of complaints of discrimination, harassment, bullying and other violations of HR policy and ensure appropriate actions are taken
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of Human Resources experience in a distribution, operations, creative, retail, or brand-focused environment
- You've ideally worked in an environment with hourly employees in an HR support role
- You're willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, to match our production environment
Blue Apron LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Desired Skills and ExperienceEmployee Engagement, HR Management, HR Policies, Labor Relations, Investigations, Terminations, Labor Laws, Employee Relations Management, HR Business Partner, Flexibility, Team Management, Team Building, Human Resources Experience, Supply Chain Experience
Employee Performance Management