Full-Time and Part-Time Career Opportunities
Our Sales Associates are a major driving factor behind Bob's Discount Furniture's success and expansive growth in the retail industry. At Bob's you can expect an environment dedicated to your individual success and a rewarding career with room for professional advancement! As champions of the "Bob's Way" our Sales Associates find satisfaction in assisting customers with their interior design needs, offering world class customer service with a low pressure, honest, gimmick free and enjoyable shopping experience.
"No phony sales, no phony gimmicks, just everyday low prices and value!
We call it the Bob's Way because no one does it better!" - Bob Kaufman Founder and President Emeritus
At Bob's we understand there are many companies you can choose to work for, so, along with exceptional opportunities for career growth we offer a fun and team oriented work environment and great benefits!
The Benefits and Perks
- A competitive Hourly Advance / Draw vs Commission pay structure with bonus potential!
- Feeling under the weather, we've got you covered! We offer National Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance - Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - Generous Company match!
- Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays and your Birthday! After all, your birthday should be a holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our prices are already low, but why not more! Generous Employee Discount
- The flexibility of working a Retail Schedule (weekends, evenings & holidays)
- Need a pay advance? Take advantage of Bob's Bail Out Program
- Have an unexpected extraordinary expense? Take advantage of Bob's Helping Hand Program. Bob's cares and is here to help
- And much more!
Many of our benefits are paid wholly or in part by Bob's Discount Furniture and are available to eligible employees.
- Greet and engage customers, uncovering their home furnishing needs and helping them make their design vision become a reality
- Provide world class customer service and offer customers an unforgettable shopping experience
- Build rapport with clients, earning their business through your ability to demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent listening skills
- Develop and maintain a customer base through networking and client follow up to ensure customer satisfaction before and after the sale
- Generating sales through a low pressure consultative approach
- Energetic, self-motivated sales professional with exceptional interpersonal, listening and communication skills, bilingual a plus!
- Ability to network and build relationships with customers
- Competitive, goal oriented nature with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a 5 day retail schedule that includes nights, weekends (both Saturdays and Sundays for Full Time, either / or for Part Time), and most holidays.
- Basic computer skills
- Previous sales experience in retail commission based sales environment is a plus, but not required
- Strong organizational skills
Operate Cash Register
Resolve Customer Issue
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R-06390
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Bob's Discount Furniture is an everyday
View the full profile
value-priced furniture and bedding retailer expanding rapidly across the nation
in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and West Coast regions. No matter what
you spend – whether $20 or $20,000, one standard applies to everyone. The
company was founded in 1991 on the principle of providing unsurpassed values in
the middle price range. Honesty and integrity are the hallmarks of the
"Bob's Way" of doing business - a philosophy that applies to customer, co-worker, vendor and community
relations. Bob’s truly values the contributions of every associate; therefore, along
with opportunities for career growth we offer training, competitive compensation,
outstanding benefits and a professional, fun, fast-paced work environment. Our
continued success has created exciting opportunities for our associates to
enjoy truly rewarding careers. Our mission is to make quality and appealing
furniture attainable for everyone and to bring integrity, transparency, and a
little FUN to the furniture business. At Bob’s Discount Furniture, we have fun,
we love what we do, and it shows in our expansive growth! With our plans to
become a household name from coast to coast imagine where your career can go