The Great Lakes Region of Jefferson Wells is seeking a Technical Accountant to join our team on a permanent basis! This job can be done remotely from home, anywhere in our region!
Applicants to this posting must reside in either Michigan, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania or West Virginia.te
Whether you're ready for a change today or considering one in the future, we would love to hear from you. Besides gaining valuable experience with one of the most reputable organizations in the market, you'll gain access to Jefferson Wells' comprehensive benefits package and pay worthy of your expertise.
Our dynamic team provides a wide range of services to our clients ranging from Revenue Recognition, Leasing, SEC Reporting, to specialty Finance and Accounting projects. We are looking for new team members who like working in a team environment, maintain a positive working relationship and enjoy assisting clients with a variety of accounting and finance projects.
Jefferson Wells' professionals are known for their diverse industry experience, ability to grasp and analyze challenging client requirements, and ability to work on a team or independently to deliver exceptional results. Our Finance and Accounting team commonly works in the one or all of the following areas:
- Technical Accounting research and preparation of memos
- New Accounting Standard Assessments and Implementations including revenue recognition (ASC 606 and IFRS 15) and leasing (ASC 842, IFRS 16 and GASB 87)
- SEC Reporting
- Stock-based Compensation
- Debt and Equity Accounting
- Purchase Accounting, Divestitures and Carve-outs
- IFRS to US GAAP Conversions
- Derivatives and Hedging
- Useful Life Analyses and Impairment
- Accounting Policies Creation
Technical Accounting required experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent business degree
- Licensed CPA
- Minimum 8-12 years applicable experience in researching and documenting technical accounting positions
- Big 4 or regional accounting firm experience and industry experience with public or private companies
- Revenue Recognition and Leasing Standard experience nice to have
- Analytic ability to identify problems and arrive at practical solutions
- Above average knowledge in several technical accounting topics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible to work in the U.S. and pass a background check
At Jefferson Wells, ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technical Accountant (Remote)), we have built a reputation for results-driven, innovative workforce solutions that help companies create competitive advantage. From basic to complex, we custom tailor our services to fit our clients' needs from interim and permanent professional talent resourcing to complete project solutions in the areas of Finance/Accounting, Audit/Compliance, Tax, and Business Optimization. Our professionals provide specialized industry and technical experience and expertise to our clients, enabling them to accelerate their business performance. We serve clients, including Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, from offices worldwide, leveraging the workforce capabilities of the Manpower Group.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
International Financial Reporting Standards