Job Req #: 19-06506
Job Description: Solutions Architect
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55402
Type: Contract to hire
Top 3 skills: Must have end to end architecture experience, strong communication skills, attention to detail
The Solutions Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions for specific projects enabling the organization to meet business objectives. Provide technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Serve as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization. Ensure compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and participation in the full development life cycle of the delivered capability. Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements. Identify key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing software distribution capabilities, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
Design systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams. Requirements:
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, including: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 3+ years software development experience; 5+ years system integration experience
- Proven experience designing and developing end-to-end solutions, spanning multiple systems
- Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
- A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
- Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value.
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!