To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pharmacy Consultant - Keystone East
Ensign Services • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Houston Based
About the Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the Pharmaceutical Services in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern long-term care facilities to assure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
- THIS IS A RESOURCE/ REGIONAL POSITION WITH TRAVEL NEEDED 50-90% OF THE TIME
- Will be handling 8 skilled nursing facilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the facility’s programs and activities governing pharmaceutical services.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the facility’s pharmaceutical services.
- Develop and maintain written goals and objectives for pharmaceutical services and activities.
- Assist department directors in the development and use of departmental policies and procedures, and establish a rapport in and among departments so that each can realize the importance of team work.
- Interpret the facility’s pharmaceutical policies and procedures to employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc., as necessary.
- Review the facility’s pharmaceutical policies and procedures periodically, but at least annually, and make changes as necessary to assure continued compliance with current regulations.
- Ensure that all nursing services staff follow the facility’s established pharmaceutical policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Represent the facilities at and participate in top level meetings as necessary.
- Additional duties will be provided
- Bachelor of Science degree from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice pharmacy in this state.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Knowledgeable of pharmaceutical regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the pharmaceutical programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for maintaining sound pharmaceutical services.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing the dispensing of medications.
- Ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications and other equipment relative to pharmaceutical services.
About the Company
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving 230+ long-term care facilities and over 40 home health and hospice agencies, with over 30,000 employees in sixteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class team that provides the centralized legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
- C – Celebration
- A – Accountability
- P – Passion for Learning
- L – Love One Another
- I – Intelligent Risk Taking
- C – Customer Second
- O – Ownership
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs. From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and company-wide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at https://ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.