To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer
Michael Baker International • Hamilton Township, NJ
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
The best part being an Entry Level Geotech Engineer in Michael Baker’s Hamilton office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Some days will be field focused, performing boring inspections for bridge and building foundations, airport runways, retaining walls, highway embankments, soil and rock excavations, and storm water management facilities. Other field activities include visiting project work sites, gathering information for the access of field drill rigs, taking photos during the construction, and reporting findings to senior engineers or project managers.
- Other days will be spent in the office using geotechnical software to perform geotechnical analyses and preparing reports. Your understanding of the theory of soil and rock mechanics will be applied to practical projects and geotechnical recommendations and project special provisions
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- You’ll need a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and 0-3 years of related experience. A Masters or Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred. Experience working on geotechnical engineering projects, including field work is desired. Masters or doctorate degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
- You must be familiar with basic soil and rock mechanics principals.
- It will be plus if you are familiar with finite element applications in geotechnical engineering.
- You must be willing to travel as needed to project sites, and work outdoors under a variety of conditions.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need excellent time management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You’ll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client standards relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and proficiency with spreadsheet application development and familiarity with geotechnical and CAD software.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.