Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumInsight Enabling Capabilities serve as the product arm for driving common, shared and enabling capabilities for use across market facing OptumInsight product solutions. Using a strong set of core tech processing assets and value-added applications, the team also drives execution of specific market solutions to ensure the delivery of features meeting the product vision and strategy.
As a Strategic Analytics Lead on the Product team, you will be partnering up with market facing strategic product managers, other technical product managers, technical product owners, engineering and operations team to drive solutions that directly address market facing product requirements or enable shared analytics capabilities across the market facing products. You will own or actively contribute to the technology delivery roadmap for specific products, and ensure the product solutions have a high degree of predictability, quality and stability while positioned to support rapid client growth and time to market. You will be accountable to ensure a holistic, integrated solution delivery, by creating detailed implementable features, identifying solution dependencies and risks, defining a strong business architecture, coordinating with architects on the solution architecture, and influencing technical product owners and development teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define Product Technology strategy, Solutions strategy and delivery roadmaps for enabling capabilities and market solutions
- Drive centralization of data and analytics capabilities across OptumInsight products
- Manage, support and grow the product portfolio in partnership with strategic market-facing product managers
- Own specific deliverables to take the product from ideation through implementation and governance approvals
- Define detailed business requirements as features to be delivered by Agile teams. Translate business requirements to technical requirements across the technology assets
- Guide product owners in translating features into user stories and drive the product delivery
- Accountable for solution strategy for products. Lead JAR and JAD sessions with cross functional teams. Identify and drive technology reuse and platform reuse opportunities
- Create business architecture artifacts and coordinate with engineering architects and other teams for defining the solution architecture
- Develop, maintain and present detailed execution plans and features delivery roadmaps for meeting business objectives, across program increments
- Actively drive capital management and track resource planning across teams, to ensure optimal delivery of product features and business value realization
- Monitor, measure and manage the O&M spend across tech assets, while ensuring the effectiveness and maturity of O&M processes
- Influence a highly matrixed set of teams across operations, product strategy, engineering and delivery partners to constantly track the performance and improve the products
- Represent the assigned products, solutions or initiatives and be the single point of contact for the market facing strategic product managers
- Manage and prioritize tech demand from features across multiple tech assets
- Manage planning and execution of End-to-End testing for solutions and ensure operational readiness for all solution components
- Manage multiple priorities with initiatives involving solutions that span across technology assets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of product management experience with Healthcare solutions involving data management and analytics strategies
- 5+ years of experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience with product management of solutions involving home-grown APIs
- Experience with managing products using public cloud platforms or migrating from on-premise infrastructure to public cloud
- Experience with translating business objectives to detailed business requirements and technical features and effectively communicate to product owners, technical teams and stakeholders
- Experience with capital planning and financials management of product development
- Demonstrated ability to query, analyze, correlate and drive decisions from big data assets
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advanced degree
- 2+ years of product management experience or strong knowledge in Healthcare Payer Risk Adjustment and Quality domains
- Exposure to Azure cloud solutions architecture
- Experience with data and application security implementation patterns
- Experience with Behavior driven development, Test driven development
- Familiarity / exposure to AI / ML technologies on clinical and administrative data
- Experience with Product Management frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Technical Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Management, Healthcare Payer Risk Adjustment, Healthcare Quality, Healthcare Product, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote