Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA or Alexandria, VA Architecture Group
as an Junior Architect
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the solution of architectural problems and the coordination of related project activities.
Performs work which regularly requires analysis and deductive reasoning. Duties typically involve conventional design and plans to carry out diversified projects or phases of a single project with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents
Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties to potentially include the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Evaluates clients needs and works on assigned preliminary design solutions for review by senior architect.
- Develops detailed drawings to comply with zoning and building codes and construction budgets.
- Coordinates with all disciplines involved, to produce contract documents.
- Writes specifications and reports.
- Selects and recommends procedures.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Prepares architectural documents under the direction of a registered architect.
- Conducts product research.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture. This level may be achieved by Architects with two years' experience with Bachelor's or one year experience with Master's. Typical incumbent has four to five years' experience.
- Technical writing, computer and strong communication skills preferred. Rendering skills and/or strength in design a plus.
- Must have 3-5 years of Revit experience.
- No professional registration is required at this level.
- Experience preferred in some of the following project types: College and University buildings, K-12 projects, municipal projects, Aviation, governmental projects (including Federal) and Rail and Transit
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Junior Architect
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Junior Architect
to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.