As an Computer Science Co-Op: IT Application Tools with Diebold Nixdorf, you will have multiple opportunities to gain corporate experience by being involved in projects, meetings, corporate events, and day-to-day development and support of mission critical technologies. You will be trained on the appropriate tools, processes, communications, and documentation required. Diebold Nixdorf will provide a great learning experience, and you will be invited to participate in events with other Interns and Co-Ops.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to elicit, gather and analyze high-level business requirements, and create/utilize high-level scope definitions
- Use a variety of techniques to include interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process workflows, value stream mapping, prototypes, storyboards, use case scenarios, and ITIL Service Design
- Create system test scripts and conducts preliminary testing of new/modified system components
- Evaluate new functionality, tools, modules, version releases, and third-party applications and makes recommendation to management regarding their applicability and fitness into the overall enterprise system
- Complete projects as determined by Manager and other team members, possibly including proof of concept development, creating specialized utilities using scripting and/or programming and test/development server management
- Must be currently attending a college or university pursuing an Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA or above
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group to include executives, managers, and subject matter experts from many different global locations
- Analytical skills, including how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Interest in acquiring project management skills, including agile methodologies is a plus
- Software development experience in one or more programming languages
- SQL / database experience is a plus
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.