To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmington, CT 06032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SCC 2D Laser Engineer
Trumpf • Farmington, CT
Posted 11 days ago
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with strong expertise in sheet metal fabricating equipment and processes who enjoys the challenges of phone support. The SCC 2D Laser Service Engineer provides remote and occasional onsite support to our customers for all lasers and cutting unit assemblies of our TruLaser Fiber machines on an engineering level. This requires close cooperation with R&D to build and steadily grow profound knowledge in all areas of existing and newly released cutting lasers, their beam delivery, cutting unit assemblies and cutting process diagnostics.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service on an engineering level for TRUMPF's TruDisk cutting lasers, their beam delivery, cutting unit assemblies and laser cutting process diagnostics.
- Close cooperation with research & development, sales force and field service to ensure our customers receive premium service.
- Take over escalated cases of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) and Service Competence Center (SCC) for remote diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Work carefully with PSG and SCC co-workers for technical assistance and provide excellent and well-structured diagnostic feedback.
- In case of a necessary hands-on repair of TRUMPF equipment, schedule field service techs and coordinate mission to ensure our customers receive premium service.
- Write comprehensive reports on open and solved cases to ensure customer satisfaction and lessons learned for co-workers.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines.
- Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements.
- Frequent travel to customer's facilities under the direction of the SCC Manager. Travel requirement about 50%.
Experience & Requirements
Must have extensive product knowledge of TruDisk cutting lasers, their beam delivery, cutting unit assemblies and laser cutting process diagnostics. Must be able to write comprehensive reports.
Must have strong analytical skills and must be highly motivated, able to work with minimal supervision. Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge of German language is plus.
Must be extremely organized and a sophisticated user of Microsoft Office products; Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Eight to ten years experience as a TRUMPF Field Service Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or equivalent technical experience.
Two-year technical degree with a concentration in Engineering principles, or suitable combination of education and work experience.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.“
## Job Category: Engineering