To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawton, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HUMAN INTELLIGENCE COLLECTOR
United States Army • Lawton, OK
Posted 1 month ago
The human intelligence collector is responsible for information collection operations. They provide Army personnel with information about the enemy force’s strengths, weaknesses and potential battle areas.
- Screen human intelligence sources and documents
- Debrief and interrogate human intelligence sources
- Participate in human intelligence operations
- Analyze and prepare intelligence reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you. In addition to the ASVAB, the Army uses the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) to evaluate how well a native English speaker can learn a new language. Your score on the DLAB determines the level of difficulty for language training.
Job training for a human intelligence collector requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Screenings, debriefings and interrogations
- Preparing maps and charts
- Human Intelligence analysis
- Using computer systems
- Foreign languages
- Interest in reading maps and charts
- Gathering information and studying its meaning
- Ability to think, speak and write clearly
- An outgoing personality