If you are looking for a rewarding career, you are in the right spot with Ernst Auto Group. Ernst Auto Group is searching for an experienced controller to join our high performing team and oversee the accounting operations of the group. Ernst Auto Group consists of three locations; Ernst Chevrolet Buick GMC, Ernst Toyota and Ernst Collision Center all located in Columbus, Nebraska. Since 1960, we have continued to grow our business and culture while holding true to our core values.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual. Our mission at Ernst Auto Group is to be the best in the world at what we do. If you have that same passion and can persevere without exception, we would love to speak with you. Visit www.ernstcareers.com for more information.
The reasons you will want to work at Ernst:
• Great culture focused on the team
• Opportunity to work in a stable and progressive group
• Competitive and rewarding compensation plan
• Medical, dental, vision, life, accident, cancer, and disability programs
• Company paid life insurance policy
• 401K with match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Employee Purchase Discounts in sales, service, and parts!
• Beautiful facilities
• Human resources manager to handle HR workload
• Consolidated group office structure with great team
Automotive Controller Direct or Delegated Responsibilities
• Manage and lead group’s accounting department.
• Accounting responsibilities include but are not limited to; transaction processing, cash management, account receivables, account payables, inventory management, taxes and licensing, payroll, fixed assets, document security, retention and archiving, and claims management
• Assure compliance of policies with regard to all store financial transactions and office procedures
• Work closely with the Executive Manager and Dealer to monitor and analyze dealership performance.
• General ledger and account reconciliation
• Payroll (we do outsource the majority of payroll)
• Safeguard the assets of the company. Establish adequate segregation of duties and accounting processes to minimize financial risk
• Factory financial reports and compliance
• Compile, analyze and report information to department managers
Automotive Controller Qualifications
• 3+ years working in a franchise dealership business office, or an accounting degree and 2+ years of accounting experience.
• College degree in accounting or related field
• CPA license preferred
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Extremely organized
• Ability to multitask in high paced environments
• Ability to manage, mentor and lead others
• Experience with dealership management software like Dealertrack DMS
• Microsoft office suite & Google apps experience
• Ability to persevere without exception
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.