The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team (or teams) of engineers that translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems. This includes overseeing the successful development and deployment of infrastructure systems across various computing environments. In addition, this role provides insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy for health and care of assigned infrastructure systems. This individual manages people which includes responsibility for setting individual and team expectations, delegating assignments and managing performance, identifying talent needs, and coaching and developing team members. As a Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering, this individual may focus on leading the work in one or more of the following domains: Data Center, Platform, Network, Middleware, Workplace Services, etc., and/or specific sub-area(s) within one of these domains.
• Manages technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for infrastructure systems across multiple technical domains or platforms.
• Manages the implementation and maintenance of enterprise infrastructure systems for assigned domain(s) and/or platform(s) to ensure successful deployment and operation of new or upgraded systems.
• Leads global teams that design, build and maintain infrastructure systems; includes responsibility for teams that provide all tiers of infrastructure support to the organization.
• Builds resource estimates for technical design and testing efforts.
• Ensures team members adhere to published company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls throughout all system development life cycle phases; partners with various Technology teams throughout system development and implementation to ensure system designs adhere to company standards.
• Provides input on the long-term strategy for technology infrastructure across the enterprise systems by assessing the implications of technology business strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
• Builds and maintains partnerships with cross-functional leadership to understand short and long-term business needs and functional specifications and to ensure technology solutions support integrated business strategies.
• Coordinates and plans various activities to support successful set-up of the organization's technology architecture; estimates resources needed for technical design and testing efforts; oversees system support plans, schedules, assignments, and budgets; manages relationships with vendor partners.
• Conducts analyses on the effectiveness of the infrastructure and makes recommendations for the adoption of new procedures.
• Provides insight and guidance, and recommendations to resolve escalated issues throughout the development of hardware and software configurations and throughout the preparation of system components for installation to the infrastructure.
• Manages teams that troubleshoot systems and make system enhancements as needed to address infrastructure system performance issues.
• Provides input into vendor selection decisions; manages relationships with key vendor partners.
• Manages the development and delivery of system status reporting.
• Performs system assessments and provides recommendations for the strategy to ensure the ongoing health and care of assigned domain(s) and/or platform(s); anticipates and mitigates system risks.
• Leverages benchmarking results and understanding of technology industry trends to make recommendations to senior Infrastructure Engineering leadership related to current and future infrastructure needs.
• Provides input for departmental budget and manages expenses associated with initiatives within scope of responsibility.
• Provides leadership to the team by attracting and hiring talented individuals, setting goals and communicating clear expectations, providing timely and constructive feedback as well as meaningful developmental opportunities, managing performance, providing resources and support as needed, and sponsoring and leading team members through change.
• Creates and/or leads the creation of SOPs, KPIs, and overall operationalization of assigned services or applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 8 years of IT experience
• 4 years of infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas
• 3 years of experience leading project or technical teams with or without formal direct report responsibility; this includes experience providing technical direction, thought leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• Experience in a leadership role in a large matrixed organization
• 3 years of experience in infrastructure engineering as a lead, technical process management, project management, IT consulting, or related field
• Experience working with third party IT vendor and/or systems solution provider leadership
• IT Management experience in the retail industry
• 2 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• Experience managing operational and/or project financial budgets
• Experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering or follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering on Twitter.
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Coaching And Mentoring