Specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing interactions for retail and business customers. Identifies walk-in customers' needs through the Bank's retail sales process to provide basic sales solutions for basic customer needs and/or refer complex customer needs to the appropriate team member/partner.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Educate customers on current bank processes, solutions, deposits and other convenience services/available channels
- Fluently use needs assessment to facilitate reactive account opening.
- Explain features and benefits of solutions (e.g. credit cards, overdraft line of credit, installment loans) and have basic knowledge of when it is an appropriate solution
- Open new Demand Deposit/Time Deposit/IRA accounts and explain the features, benefits and disclosures associated with each
- Explain at a high-level criteria used to decision loan applications
- Transition service/sales consultation to account opening process
- Field inbound customer inquiries and provide solution-based recommendations
- Complete Business Banking Customer Refresh Activities
- Complete business account servicing request for research, disputes, loan payments, loan advances, collateral releases, wire transfers, official check request, statement request and credit inquires
- Assist and stay current with the Business Banking AML/KYC/BSA process
- Review, approve and help resolve customer Business Banking Customer overdrafts
- Introduce business Banking Partner when servicing need represents and opportunity for a product solution
- Assist business customers with deposit and loan servicing needs. Build a rapport with new clients.
- Perform retail transactions.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The position is responsible for providing exceptional service to branch customers and resolving customer problems in a timely manner.
The position is a key driver of branch referrals that assist the branch team achieve annual sales goals.
The position is responsible for interacting with appropriate areas within the Bank to ensure branch-related operational issues are resolved efficiently and accurately.Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 1 year proven retail sales, call center, customer service, or telesales experience.
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to interact with varying customers (consumer to small business) and to effectively handle difficult customer conversations.
Well-organized individual with time management and prioritization skills, with ability to work under critical time constraints in a team environment.
Proficient with internet user-level technologyEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bilingual based on branch needs
Proven referral and/or sales abilityPhysical Requirements:
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Prolonged use of hands and fingers
Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighting 5 lbs. to 30 lbs.
Ability to read fine print
Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Explain Product Feature
Promote Customer Loyalty Plan