PRN - 1 Hours
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's "Best Places to Work" for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Transporting patient's specimens, supplies, pharmaceuticals, mail, and valuable packages to and from the hospital, physician's offices, community medical centers, other hospitals, DHEC and other locations.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum Years of Experience: None
Substitutable Education & Experience: None
Required Certifications/Licensure: Must have and maintain a SC driver's license with an acceptable driving safety record
Required Training: None
* Responsible for mapping a daily route to provide daily delivery and pick-up service.
* Accurate distribution and delivery of all specimens or parcels to appropriate locations.
* Laboratory Specimens:
* The prompt, careful, and attentive collection of laboratory specimens from reference laboratory account, to include verification of patient demographic information and physician's name.
* Responsible for proper routine en-route storage of specimens, following "special handling" instructions, to receipt at hospital laboratory.
* The safe transportation of patient specimens according to CAP and OSHA standards.
* Delivery of mail to the Post Office that requires special handling or expediting.
* Stays abreast of procedure and policy changes.
* Responsibility for the care and maintenance of the hospital vehicle.
* The clocking-in and delivery of laboratory specimens and delivery of parcels supplies, mail, etc. to the correct departments in a timely fashion.
* Responsible for keeping to route in a timely manner.
* Communicates in a friendly, positive, and professional manner to all persons encountered at all times.
* Responds appropriately to problems with customers.
* Maintains an optimistic and professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to physicians, office nursing and clerical staff, and co-workers. Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect. Conforms to service excellence policy and "house rules."
Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for a positive, confidence-building representation of hospital to physician offices, community medical centers, laboratory reference accounts, and to general community population.
* In all respects, exert leadership by example toward the key LMC goal of being the hospital most favored by competent physicians and paying patients.
* Laboratory Service:
* Responsible for making small purchases upon request and direction of the laboratory.
* The delivery and distribution of specimen collection supplies to the reference laboratory accounts along with maintaining a backup inventory in the courier vehicle.
* Responsible for obtaining dry ice for the laboratory as needed.
* General Service:
* Accurate paperwork must be maintained in all aspects of job.
* Logging of supplies, moneybags, etc. must be done without fail.
* May be asked to do other duties as the need arises relating to courier services.
* Adheres to required and recommended safety standards concerning transportation of specimens.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency.
* Must be flexible. Routes may vary from day to day.
* Appearance is important. Must wear LMC Courier Services shirt along with khaki pants. No shorts or other shirts allowed. Name badges must be worn at all times while on duty.
* While it is important to follow posted schedules, you are expected to follow posted speed limits.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
* Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
* Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
* Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
* Employer paid life insurance - equal to 1x salary
* Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
* Adoption assistance
* LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Nearest Major Market: Columbia
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
- Customer Relationship Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated