Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The Claims Processor will support the stores with their third-party property damage and product claims. The position will investigate incidents involving actual or alleged property damages to customer and third-party vehicles arising from the alleged negligence of our store and/or service technicians. The position will also handle defective product claims. The Claims Processor is expected to investigate, evaluate, mitigate, and resolve property damage claims up to the granted settlement authority for the position.
This position is located at our corporate office in Kennesaw, GA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of a diary of claims.
- Enter claim data as needed to include types of claims, closing dates, file notes, and loss causes.
- Investigate allegations of property damage to determine whether Company is liable.
- Process payments for settlements, experts, and appraisals.
- Communicate with store management and customers.
- Conference files for settlement authority with the Claim Supervisor.
- Correspond with Vendors regarding product liability claims.
- Make required contacts with Customers; Third Parties; and Store Associates.
- Coordinate and manage car rentals as required.
- Schedule damage appraisals as required.
- Return all phone calls promptly.
- Scan all documents to electronic file.
- Investigate and develop subrogation possibilities.
- Confirm proper procedures and SOP's were followed by service technicians.
- Respond to subrogation demands for third-party insurance companies.
- Respond to claimant attorney letters and demand packages promptly.
- Negotiate case settlements within granted settlement authority.
- Perform various other functions and duties as requested and required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in high volume claims processing is required.
- Automobile appraisal experience is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and evaluation skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Bilingual in English / Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing or writing.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Talk and hear.
- Heavy phone use.