We are now looking for an Applied Deep Learning Research Scientist! NVIDIA is searching for a world-class researcher in deep learning to join our applied research team. If you agree with us that the most interesting thing about the deep learning revolution is applying it to solve real-life problems, this team will be a great fit for you! We are passionate about deep learning applied to computer vision, audio, text and other domains, with the goal of improving specific problems encountered in NVIDIA's products. After building prototypes that demonstrate the promise of your research, you will work with product teams to help them integrate your ideas into products.
About the team:
* We're the team that created DLSS 2.0. We are creating amazing new technology beyond DLSS to take gaming performance and image quality to whole new levels by leveraging deep learning.
* We also create highly leveraged technology that benefits Automotive and other business units.
* We do fundamental Computer Vision research in Generation and Perception.
* Current areas of focus for this team are:
* Temporal image reconstruction
* Self supervised learning
* Multi-modal 3D perception models to lower labelling cost for Automotive
* Fundamental research in Perception: optical flow prediction, semantic segmentation, detection, tracking
* 3D Vision: inferring 3D models/assets from images/video
* Neural rendering: generative models, 3D
* Large-scale multi-modal image/language models: CLIP, DALL-E
What you'll be doing:
* Conceive deep learning approaches to solving particular product problems.
* Construct and curate large problem-specific datasets.
* Design and implement machine learning techniques aimed at solving specific problems.
* This position requires you to keep up with the latest DL research and collaborate with diverse teams (internal and external to NVIDIA), including DL researchers, hardware architects, and software engineers.
* Transfer technology to product groups.
What we need to see:
* MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EECS or related field (or equivalent experience)
* 5+ years of relevant research and software development experience.
* Strong computer science background: experience coding systems with complexity and scale. Python and Linux experience is important. Pytorch, CUDA, C++ are important
* Either of these: Deep learning research experience. Publications and/or Applied research are both a plus
* 3D rendering experience, especially in the areas of Ray/Path Tracing. If you don't know DL, we will teach you!
* Compute Systems background is also highly valued
* Track record of delivering research or technology
Intelligent machines powered by AI computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer science fiction. Image recognition and speech recognition - GPU deep learning has provided the foundation for machines to learn, perceive, reason and solve problems. The GPU started out as the engine for simulating human imagination, conjuring up the amazing virtual worlds of video games and Hollywood films. Now, NVIDIA's GPU runs deep learning algorithms, simulating human intelligence, and acts as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Just as human imagination and intelligence are linked, computer graphics and artificial intelligence come together in our architecture. Two modes of the human brain, two modes of the GPU. This may explain why NVIDIA GPUs are used broadly for deep learning, and NVIDIA is increasingly known as "the AI computing company."
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 3 D Rendering
- Applied Research
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automation Clips